Friday, March 21, 2014

Random Touch Screen Facts

I didn't think that I needed a touchscreen laptop at all. I really don't have that much trouble using a mouse. I didn't think it was worth the added expense either. However, when I went to the store to get my new computer I quickly changed my mind. I used a touch screen for a few minutes and then went to check out another model. I instantly tried to navigate by the screen. When I was notified that it just had mouse navigation it was practically impossible for me to use. Plus, the price was a lot cheaper than it had been when I looked at it a few years ago. I used it so much on the first day that I had to make an effort to use the keyboard and mouse just to make sure it works. I had a lot of fun playing the piano, drawing, and looking at Letterhead Design. I know that the piano part won't stick but I think the art and graphic tools are so much better now. I didn't use the actual screen keyboard as I find that awkward. I use it less and less everyday so I don't know if it will just be something that is obsolete in my mind after the novelty wears off or not. However, I'm still glad I have it because it's so nice to quickly navigate to links. I don’t use the scrolling feature as much as I thought I would because the mousepad is more effective for that.

No comments: