Monday, January 18, 2010

What Color is Indigo Blue?

I've always been fascinated by the color indigo. I read about it in books all of the time and knew that it was some shade of blue. I knew it was a plant that was good for dying clothes. I always thought that it was a deep navy blue and once I reconciled this in my mind I just decided that was what indigo was and it's been that way since I was twelve. Plus, I wanted indigo to be a dark color because deep colors just seem to create a quick weight loss effect.

Today I decided to find out what color indigo really is and apparently it's between blue and violet whoa was I wrong...well kinda. Indigo on the web and in the modern world is purplish blue but a vat of indigo dye would be deep midnight blue. I tried to find pictures of the exact indigo color but of all the colors that I've tried to define this color spectrum was all over the place. I saw pictures with everything from navy to lavender touting the color indigo so I'm still lost on this one.

No comments: