Friday, January 15, 2010

Sesame Street Facts: Miss Piggy

Miss Piggy always confused me when I was a kid. At the time she was one of the few "female" cast members but I just couldn't understand her role and why the storyline was messed up. She was in love with Kermit who didn't even like her. Sadly I couldn't really find that many facts about Miss Piggy. Not really her origins or random stuff, just places that she'd been. The only other interesting thing that her real name could be Pigathia, or Pigathius. I did find this quote on her wikipedia page to be very interesting:

"In an interview with the New York Times in 1979, Frank Oz outlined Piggy's biography: ‘She grew up in a small town in Iowa; her father died when she was young, and her mother wasn't that nice to her. She had to enter beauty contests to survive, as many single women do. She has a lot of vulnerability which she has to hide, because of her need to be a superstar.'"

No comments: