Thursday, January 14, 2010

Big Bird from Sesame Street Facts

Sesame Street wouldn't be Sesame Street without Big Bird. He was as much a part of my childhood as that colored multivitamin I had to take every morning.I love the fact that wikipedia refers to Big Bird as "the main protagonist". That's quite the label. Here are a few things I've learned about him. (As a child it was my life long dream to be able to hug Big Bird)

Big Bird is eight feet two inches tall.

Big Bird's bear is name Radar supposedly after the M*A*S*H character.

The costume was originally built for Jim Henson but the idea was nixed when he couldn't walk like a bird.

Big Bird's exact species is unknown. The bird himself looks like an oversized canary, but he has said he's a condor. When he was on Hollywood Squares he replied with "lark" so who knows?

No comments: