Monday, August 27, 2007

Renthead

I was too young to be a Renthead. That, & the fact that I was on the wrong side of the country. I have watched the movie, & listened to the CD. I've been meaning to buy the book. I was watching the movie Rent again this weekend & was wondering what Rentheads thought of it.

One of the amazing things that I found out about this movie is that the cast consists of the original Broadway cast, minus Mimi & Joann. I thought that it was very fitting & respectful to offer the parts to the actors that had made them famous in 1996. There aren't a lot of movies where that would have happened. All of the actors still looked great, they must have had some serious skin care products. I also know that the movie didn't win all of the awards that I thought it was entitled to. I also know that it didn't make enough money to cover it's expenses. At first this made me sad, but how very fitting for Rent.

No comments: