Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Buckminster Fuller

I was reading the "Tao of Pooh" & they told one of those inspiring stories with the catching ending. "Once there was a guy who was really poor & was going to jump off a bridge but he persevered & that man was Buckminster Fuller". Inspiring story, but am I supposed to be impressed about the Buckminster Fuller part?

Needing a pick me up, I tried to find out who Buckminster Fuller was. Of course I headed over to wikipedia because the 1986 Britannica encyclopedia was downstairs. Apparently, he was an American inventor, architect, poet, & visionary. He invented the geodesic dome, which is basically the round thing at Disney World. Definitely something to check out if you are staying in a Orlando vacation home rental. His big question in life was whether human life on earth was sustainable for a long period of time. So, did anyone else know who Buckminster Fuller is?

1 comment:

LEstes65 said...

No. However, I know of the Buckminster Hotel in Kenmore Square, Boston. But that's about it. And poor Mister Fuller has a crappy hotel named after him, if I do say so myself.