Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Is There a Good Way to Dye Polyester?

I always thought that the answer to this question was a flat out no. However, lately I've done so much research that I think about dying clothes when I'm sleeping although I don't think it's causing a snoring problem. On Project Runway whenever they have a refashioning challenge one person seems to get really lucky with the dye and it makes me think "You really can dye polyester". I know that RIT is coming out with a new product in a few months that's supposed to work on polyester but it just works with the stove top method. I don't like this method because it is so much work. I'd much rather have the washer do the agitating. So I found out about a product called idye which just uses packets and there is a version for polyester. However, this version also uses the stove top method. So is there a way to dye polyester? Yes. Will I be doing it? No.

No comments: