Sunday, February 26, 2012

More Random Food: Mug Cake

I knew when I discovered mug cake I was in trouble. It's a recipe that's all over Pinterest. Basically you can make homemade cake in a mug in your microwave. This was bad news for me because the only reason I can stay thin is that I'm too lazy to bake. This balances out the fact that I love cake so much that I'd watch it on a vlc media player.

Also, I can't justify having a whole cake in the house because I live alone so that's another danger. However, this is single serving cake that takes about two minutes. I've tried several different recipes and it's hard to get it perfect in the microwave so that it doesn't burn in the middle but still cooks all the way through. I've also found that in a single serving a whole egg tends to be way too much. I really want to try both the Nutella and coffee cake versions. At first I just thought this was one of those recipes that looks really cute, which it does, but unfortunately for me it's also really tasty and convenient too.

No comments: