Friday, May 28, 2010

Why I Love Science

I was looking for ways to make my sluggish bathroom sink go faster without using harsh or expensive chemicals. I'm probably going to need shampoo for thinning hair if the drain clog is any indication. I randomly googled vinegar because it was the only thing that I had in my house that seemed like it would be abrasive enough. That's when I came across a remedy featuring baking soda and vinegar. (I'm not posting the remedy here because I’m not a plumber or scientist, but it's basically all over the internet).

It reminded me a lot of those volcanoes that we used to build as science projects. I didn't pour boiling water after it because that sounded like cooking and I wasn’t sure if it would harm the pipes, which again is not something I know about. It took several tries to really make a big difference. However, I didn't mind doing it simply because again, it was a lot of fun. It was awesome in fact.

No comments: