Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oscar the Grouch Facts

If I had to describe my current mood and general sarcastic personality by a Sesame Street character it would probably be Oscar the Grouch. On my quest to profile all of the main Sesame Street characters this was my next stop. I haven't watched the show in a long time so I don't know if he's since been labeled a hoarder. He was one of my favorite characters growing up and was the one that could always make me laugh as well as the only one who didn't seem to need diets for quick weight loss. So I visited Wikipedia and found out that:

Apparently the character idea came from an angry waiter that served Jim Henson mixed in with the voice of a cab driver.
Grouch is both a name and a species on the show.
On CBC Radio he said he was Canadian.

I really love how every media appearance is tracked and practically stalked by avid fans to learn more about the Muppets.

No comments: