Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kerri Strug Random Facts

I'm in love with the Morgan Freeman commercials about the Olympics for Visa. I will cry over every single one. The only story that I recognized so far was Kerri Strug. I'm not into gymnastics, I just watch them from the comfort of home theater chairs.

At first I thought her name was Kerri Shrug. It is not. It is Kerri Strug. Here is her story:

In the 1996 Olympics Strug was the last woman to vault for the United States. On her first attempt she hurt her ankle. She shook her ankle out & limped to the runway for her second attempt. She then landed her vault on one foot winning the gold for the women's team. Next, she hopped around raising her arms & finally collapsed in agony. Her coach Karolyi carried her onto the podium for the medal ceremony. Later she was treated for severe lateral sprain & tendon damage. She was unable to compete in the all-around individual competition.

1 comment:

kya said...

Hello,

This is Kya Gonzalez.Im in third grade and I haft to do a report called the Wax Museum.Im doing it on Kerri Strug.I was on google and it said on one Random facts about kerri strug and thats how i got here if you were wondering.
Love,
Kya