Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Good things to teach your parrot


If I had a parrot I'd probably teach it to say really important stuff like "Shut up & listen to Sara." Most parrots I've met don't talk, which pretty much defeats the purpose to having a parrot. I guess they are probably pretty limited in what exactly they can say. I was reading this article today & thought "Wow that was a really good thing to teach a parrot, I never would've thought of that."

A parrot named Yosuke flew out of his cage in Tokyo. He then recited his full name & address so he could be returned to his family. That's one smart parrot & one smart parrot owner. Although "Shut up & listen to Sara" is also important. If you could teach a parrot to say one thing what would it be?

1 comment:

LEstes65 said...

I'd probably want it to affirm my beauty or something equally vapid and vain. I knew a little cockateel (sp?) that wistled little tunes. He and I had our special little tune. When I came into the store, I'd wistle my little thing and he'd echo it back. And he'd get all excited to see me. That was pretty cool. I didn't appreciate birds as pets until that little guy.