Saturday, October 20, 2007

Note to self

A good way to stop any conversation is to throw in an ordinary word that's used in a different way. So often we get stuck in a viscious circle of how are you & fine. When I hear something different I always stop & think, "Why can't I talk like that?". Here are a few words that I want to work into my everyday conversations:

  • Shortly. As in, I'll be with you shortly.
  • Brilliant. I don't know why this is so hard for me to remember but I'd much rather say "That's brilliant" than "That's cool". It's also a good answer for "How are you?". It could mean that you're having a good day, or that you're really smart & the other person doesn't have to know the difference.
  • Water closet is so much more sophisticated than potty.
  • Magical. This is great to use in sarcastic situations.

What words do you want to work into your everyday conversation?

No comments: