Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Metric System

I think of myself as being fairly educated. However, the one thing that I can never understand is the metric system. I'm a firm believer that the reason that I was born in this day & age was so that I missed the whole highway department switching to the metric system in 1975 debacle. Forget missing the black plague, this was worse.

If you want to see my eyes glaze over as I look around like I'm completely lost just say the word meter. So today was going to be the day. I've had "learn how to use the metric" system on a post it note for about three months. However, this takes intense mental concentration so it had to be the right moment. So I started reading. Three sentences in I stopped reading as my brain threatened to explode. Whenever I watch House they zoom into someone's brain & all the synapses are like bolts of lightning. My brain looks like a Christmas tree right now. It's like when Sookie tries to do math on "Gilmore Girls".

1 comment:

LEstes65 said...

Oh man I WISH the US would start using the metric system. You talk about making all sorts of measurement related math EASIER! I really think it's a mental block thing. Tell you what, you fly out here to Austin and we'll go get some killer b-b-q or TexMex and I'll learn it to yah while we get fat. K?