Friday, August 17, 2007

There are how many states?

There's one episode of FRIENDS that I really love. For whatever reason, Ross is trying to name all 50 states, he's a pretty smart guy right? It just gets more & more impossible. This was funny.

Well it was funny until I was at an elementary school & they had a big map painted on the patio. My elementary school also had one of these & I had to memorize all the states & capitals on it. So I started walking through the states, the west coast was easy. Then I came to the midwest & just drew a blank. I got so frustrated I was almost screaming "I don't know what that is, but it isn't a state".

I have a college degree, it really shouldn't be this difficult. I think as I've gotten older I've just relied on calculators & google too much. My head just doesn't have enough room to store all of this information. There's some show about can you pass 5th grade math, or are you smarter than a 5th grader. I can't even remember what it is called, but I'm definitely not.

1 comment:

LEstes65 said...

As I once told my computer programming professor - "My sponge is full." Ain't no more room in there. Which is why I am so grateful for spell check, calculators and Google.