Friday, December 25, 2015

Random Color Schemes for Christmas

When I was a kid I would get upset when there were trees with anything other than red and green. Those were the proper Christmas colors and I just didn't understand the need for anything else. I still feel the same way when I see a purple or black Christmas tree. However, a few color schemes will pass my inspection. One of my favorites for this year is white and gold. Here's why:

1. I think it's practical because it will match any wall color.
2. You can repurpose some of these items year round. Sure, the reindeer may be a little over the top but a beautiful gilded candlestick or white faux fur throw will be something you can use year round.
3. A few decorations go a long way. If you already have this color scheme just buying a few decorations can make the room holiday appropriate and chic.

What's your favorite holiday color scheme that isn't the traditional?

No comments: