Friday, September 18, 2009

Mad Men Factoids

I'm watching the first few episodes of Mad Men & so far I've learned some interesting facts.

A gimlet is part lime juice and part gin or vodka. According to wikipedia it got its name from Sir Thomas D. Gimlette who was a surgeon in the navy who was trying to get his charges to drink more lime juice. I still don't know what kind of weight loss supplements they took back then or if they really used one of those belt machines that was supposed to shake away fat. I also still don't know the name of one of those belt machines.

The show says that the term Mad Men was used to describe New York ad executives and that they spun the idea themselves. I've tried to back this evidence up by all I can find is info about the show. It's a chicken and egg circle.

No comments: