Monday, February 2, 2009

Random Cupid Facts

I keep telling myself that Spring is coming. Soon it will be time to bring out the dehumidifier. Yes, that's how I mark the seasons. Valentine's Day had me wondering about cupid. When you think about some guy shooting you with arrows & making you fall in love, it's a little creepy. According to wikipedia, there are two cupids. One cupid is the child of Nyx & Erebus & he is all about riots. The other cupid is the son of Mars & Venus & he's all about pranks & love.

In a nutshell his mom got really jealous of this beautiful princess. She told cupid to go down & make the princess fall in love with a poor loser. Cupid fell in love with Psyche, shot himself with his own arrow accidentally & fell in love with her. I still have no idea why he is always shown wearing a diaper. I still find it creepy.

No comments: