Thursday, January 15, 2009

What do Presidents eat?

I never really thought about the Presidents diet. I just figured that they ate food like the rest of us. I don't know if any of them have taken Fenterdren like the rest of us. It makes sense that they'd have to eat healthy & stay in shape. I didn't know that it was such a big deal until I kept hearing about people wondering if Obama would keep the White House chef. Then it dawned on me, when you're President you can eat whatever you want. It's reported that when Bush Senior took the White House he said that he was President now & didn't have to eat broccoli anymore.

Occasionally, presidential eating habits get into the press like Regan's love of jelly beans. I got a kick out of this article called "Plate of the Union" Apparently, President Kennedy liked to eat clam chowder while Lyndon B. Johnson was nuts over tapioca. Nixon ate cottage cheese & fruit right before he resigned the office. If I was President I would eat pizza all the time.

No comments: